All you need to know about complaints

Sometimes things go wrong - let's get it right

Complaints handling procedure

These service standards do not apply where we have been able to resolve your complaint by close of business on the business day following its receipt.

Our commitment to you

We undertake to treat all complainants equally and fairly regardless of whether or not they are entitled to refer to the Financial Ombudsmen Service (FOS).

If we are able to complete our investigation of your complaint and provide a final response within five business days of receipt of your complaint we will include our findings in our acknowledgement letter.

What if I’m unhappy and want to complain?

Firstly, please get in touch as soon as possible, we want to hear from you and you can contact us by any method below

Tel: 01206 688097

Email: [email protected]

Post: Next Generation Ins Group Ltd, The Cornard, Systematic Business park, Colchester, CO77QL

What steps will you take to address my complaint and how do you intend on putting it right?

Depending on how you’ve notified us of your complaint we will contact you to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five days (we’ll try our best to achieve immediate acknowledgement) and will look into your complaint thereafter, keep you updated and share with you our findings and outcome.

How long does the complaint process take?

We will start investigating your complaint the moment we receive it and will aim to resolve it as soon as possible thereafter, however, if we’re going to need a little longer we’ll ensure you are kept updated. We will respond to your complaint with our findings and outcome within eight weeks, at the very latest. If, when you’ve received our response and you’re not happy with the outcome you can refer it to the FOS. We’ll remind you of this at the time of writing.

If I follow your complaints procedure, does this mean that I can't refer to the FOS?

Absolutely not. If you make a complaint it doesn't affect your right to refer your complaint to the FOS providing we’ve first had a chance to investigate it.

What if I don’t agree with your decision or resolution?

If you don’t agree please get in touch, we will ensure that your case handler explains the reasons as to how we reached our decision and if you’re still unhappy you can request that the FOS review your complaint.

How do I get in contact with the FOS?

Post: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR

Phone: 08000 234 567 or 0300 123 9123

Email: [email protected]


Frequently Asked Questions

What does Cycler bicycle insurance cover me for?

Our product covers accidental damage, malicious damage and theft, personal accident, public liability, cycle breakdown and accessory cover (when selected). If you are biking through Europe, you and your bicycle are also covered (see trip limitations in the terms and conditions) We also offer cycle hire while you are without your bicycle during a claim.

Am I covered for my bicycle insurance on my home insurance?

Your bicycle might be covered under your home insurance, but the cover is unlikely to cover all of your needs and could leave you without your bicycle for a considerable amount of time as home insurance claims can take a while to resolve. 

Home insurance isn’t designed with your bicycle in mind, so is unlikely to cover you for personal accidents, theft away from the home and public liability. Furthermore, if you claim on your home insurance, the excess you may be required to pay could be higher than the cost of having separate bicycle insurance. Naturally, your contents insurance premium may then increase when your policy comes to renewal because of the claim you made.

Please make sure you view the benefits and cover of our bicycle insurance policy before you make a decision. If you’re not sure, give us a call and we’ll help explain our cover options further.

Who are Cycler Insurance?

Cycler is an insurance intermediary dedicated to cycler insurance, helping our Customers look after what they love.

How can I pay for my policy?

You can pay annually or monthly, remember, the contract is still an annual one.

How can I make changes to my bicycle policy?

You can log into your customer area and make a change there by visiting Alternatively you can call us on 01206 688097 or you can email us at [email protected].

What type of bicycles can I insure?

We insure road bikes, mountain bikes, tandems, gravel bikes, BMX and electric bikes (not scooters, mopeds or motorbikes).

How do I make a complaint about Cycler?

Call us on 01206 688097 or you can email us at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can log into your customer area and make a complaint there by visiting

How do I complain about the handling of a Personal Accident claim or a Public Liability claim?

We use a specialised business called Kennedys Solicitors for all Personal Accident & Public Liability claims. You can contact the Kennedys team on 0113 531 4496 or email them at [email protected], use reference number 20263A.

Who do I contact if I need to make a complaint about claims?

Contact Davies Group, our Claims handlers, by calling 0333 400 9044 or email Davies Group at [email protected]